Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pie Making

when my mom came to visit I had her make a Apple pie The Recipe was from
my grandma Melba Packer she once owned a cafe with her first husband I remember her coming to our house and with my mom teaching me to make pie so I wanted to get picture of my mom making pie which she does all the time. When I was younger I remember her making an easy 10 pies and giving half away. the first picture is of when I was going to take a picture and she got all excited because she didn't have her lipstick on and I who did not get that habit at all thought it to be way funny! she first made the pie filling since Dad is Diabetic has gone
to a sugar free filling which is Granny smith apples and Apple jucie and Cornstarch. Mom heats it up on the stove till it starts to thicken.
pie crust recipe
3 cups flour
1 1/3 cups shorting
1tsp Salt
6TBSP cool water
1TBSP vinegar
1Egg
you mix dry ingredients ,then mix wet and poor into
dry Ingredients will make 3 pie crusts mom likes to make sugar pies with the 3rd pie yummy. this is the finished product:


2 comments:

Noelle said...

I love apple pie. It's my favorite!

Pearl Miller said...

Wow you mom looks just I remember her. I wish I could have tasted the yummy dessert. Did you save me some?