
I am having a great time in the Lovely state of Idaho I will have many great post when I get home but today I want to right a little about my father in law Clark . ON Monday My Gary called to let me know that his dad was in the Hospital in Boise. Now Gary dad when we got Married was full of energy we would go fishing hiking we even played clue his dad was the, best at that game he would make beautiful jewelry from rocks but it wasn't long and he got sick had a kidney transplant but he got better but never as good as he once was I guess that's what happens the older we get. but when I would walk in the room he would Smile and say "how you do in".
So when Gary called I just had too go I was in Maccmmon about41/2 hours away so I called my big sister Tami to see if I could borrow a car to drive there and as luck would have it she had an open day and said she would drive me( since I have toteled one of her cars in the past and that was when I was good ) she has 8 kids and works and does therapy for one of her younger kids about twice a week. so I got up and headed down we had a great time when we walked in the room dad was sleeping and looked so sad so of course I woke him up no rest when I am around. As I woke him up and he figured out who I was he smiled and the twinkle come back in his eyes we talked and then he went back to sleep so we took mom out to lunch
we had a great time I am grateful to have such great n-laws that love me and I love them I am also grateful to have gone to see them
So when Gary called I just had too go I was in Maccmmon about41/2 hours away so I called my big sister Tami to see if I could borrow a car to drive there and as luck would have it she had an open day and said she would drive me( since I have toteled one of her cars in the past and that was when I was good ) she has 8 kids and works and does therapy for one of her younger kids about twice a week. so I got up and headed down we had a great time when we walked in the room dad was sleeping and looked so sad so of course I woke him up no rest when I am around. As I woke him up and he figured out who I was he smiled and the twinkle come back in his eyes we talked and then he went back to sleep so we took mom out to lunch
we had a great time I am grateful to have such great n-laws that love me and I love them I am also grateful to have gone to see them
5 comments:
I can't wait for you to come home. Enjoy First Class. I want to see pictures.
That was so nice of you to go visit your father-in-law and it was nice of your sister to take you. I love to see great family bonds. It always motivates me to improve mine. Have fun on your trip. Can't wait to hear more.
Hey!! You are such a good daughter in law!!I hope all is well with you and Gary!!! I left you a message on your phone yesterday hope to hear from you soon:)!
Hi Marlene-
I just wanted to let you know that I came across your blog through Holly. I know Lacey quite well, and awhile back came across Holly's blog through Lacey.
Steve and I grew up together and graduated from high school.
My parents Wayne and Terry Clark had informed me that Gary's Dad had passed away. My Dad mentioned that Gary told him that he knew Steve Casos. It was at that moment that I realized that the 'Gary and Marlene' that Holly has mentioned on her blog were my cousins. Isn't that amazing!
It has been years since I have seen Gary. I remember stopping in Garden Valley on a few occasions for a Sunday dinner and visit. I think I was in the elementary school when I last saw Gary's family. My Dad mention that Clark did attend my sister's wedding.
How sorry I am to here about Clark. My Dad has always spoke so highly of him during my growing up years. He lived such an enriching life and touched so many through his many talents and gifts.
I have always wished that I could spend more time with extended family. I send my condolences to you and Gary.
I have a blog spot that you can go to. www.mainordfamily.blogspot.com
937-422-8442
sincerly,
Lisa (Clark) Mainord
Daughter to Wayne, and Grandaughter to Theron Clark
Post a Comment